Our next 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Starts Fall 2018
Click here to apply for acceptance into this program (there is no fee to apply).
We accept a maximum of 5 students. Scroll down for further details of this program.
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher & Mentor Training (training consists of 250 hours total)
- Multiple payment options
- Philosophically & historically focused
- Exceeds Yoga Alliance Standards
- Scenic off location field trips
- Yogic guest speakers
- 8 - 12 Month Program
- Alumni may return for future weekend sessions as refreshers at any time sessions are held after graduation at no charge (space allowing).
- Free classes taught by Laura Wheeler at the Big White Barn and only $6.00 for all other classes offerered at the BWB (excluding workshops and special events).
- Free use of the infrared sauna.
- Yoga Alliance Certification Eligibility upon completion of hours, understanding of materials and fulfillment of payment plan.
Your Primary Instructor
Laura Wheeler, LMT, E-RYT 200
My yoga practice started as a basic Hatha practice over 12 years ago. In 2011 I tried Ashtanga Yoga - I fell in love with the practice. Prior to establishing Grace Studio, I worked for several years with clients at Hoyt Chiropractic Center assisting them with Massage Therapy and Yoga postures that would help reduce pain and increase mobility for injuries and chronic pain. This led me to earn my 200 hour Yoga Allience Certification, my E-200 RYT and then create the school. Now furthering my studies with the 800 hour program at the "Traditional Yoga Studies" in Southern Saskatchewan, Canada. I am also studying with Panacea Yoga for my additional 300 hour certification to become a 500 hour Yoga Alliance Certified teacher. In addition to the work I do at Grace in Massage Therapy, Yoga Instruction and Yogic Lifestyle Support, I also teach Ashtanga Yoga at The Big White Barn in Readfield, ME, The Silo Workshop in Mount Vernon, ME and Chill Yoga in Lewiston, ME.
The most important thing to me is to have a direct, open, honest and nurturing approach with both my clients and students. It is my passion to teach students what it feels like to be in the correct posture for their personal needs and abilities. Without proper adjusting and aligning the student can feel a false sense of security in the posture and a potential injury can occur. It is the responsibility of the teacher to support, nurture and give appropriate guidance.
I strongly believe that when we are living a Yogic lifestyle we become better versions of ourselves. It is my passion to support and to guide you in your journey.
- University of Maine (Augusta)(Psychology & Health and Human Services)
- Maine Massage and Body Work (2007)
- Namaste Institute (2013).
- Traditional Yoga Studies (Current - 800 hr Yoga history, literature and philosophy)
- Yoga Alliance E-RYT 200
- Travis Eliot & Lauren Eckstrom Pranayama & Meditation (2017)
- My teachers, who I hold immense gratitude and respect for are:
200 Hour (250 total hours)
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Yoga Philosophy/Life Style/Ethics
- Teaching Methodology
- Additional Training
Welcome to the program
We are honored and excited to offer this 200 hour Yoga Alliance Certification Program. We are accept just 5 students into our program during any session. The school dives deeply into the material, giving you a solid understanding of Yoga from its very beginning through to its modern standing. Additionally we explore "self inquiry" and develop a strong knowledge of the philosophical, historical and theological realm of Yoga along with feeling confident to safely teach and adjust their students before they embark on a teaching journey. This program is also wonderful for those who are looking to enrich their Yogic studies.
Finding a 200 hour certification program is easy if you are looking for minimum requirements that any "Yoga Alliance registered school" is educationally required to give you.
Want to be an exceptional teacher?
All homework, instructions, reading materials and manuals are provided by Grace ~ School of Traditional Yoga.
Payment options are as follows:
- $2,700.00 paid in full upon acceptance into the program.
- $500.00 non-refundable deposit upon acceptance with remaining tuition ($2,200.00) paid prior to your first session.
- $300.00 non-refundable deposit upon acceptance with $200.00 paid prior to your first session and $275.00 per month for 8 months starting on the first session.
- We firmly believe that finances should not get in the way of your education. We offer a $500.00 scholarship for any student needing assistance in this area. There is a section in the application that will address this request. Should your situation require a different payment plan or option please don't hesitate to advise us of your needs.